While tracking the price of Gold as it gains towards the $2,000 level that analysts are predicting, we at AimHighProfits follow 20 of the Top Gold and Silver Mining Stocks searching for gold stock or silver stock that’s above the 50 and below the 200 Day moving average forming what’s called “the golden cross”, hitting new 52-week highs or 52-week lows.
Investors are always looking for gold and silver stocks as a “safe” place to park money with its limited downside. while Swing Traders always look for stocks which are on the daily 52-week high lists in search of new trading ideas. Be advised that new 52-week highs can also indicate that the stock has run up too far and fast, overbought.
5 of the Top Gold and Silver Mining Stocks in the stock market today
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. (NYSE: AU)
AU closing price for Wednesday, February 15, 2012 was $43.12, down -6.75% since January 27th. AU 52-week high is $51.69 and 52-week low is $38.97. AU is trading -2.69% below its 50-day Moving Average and -2.75% below its 200-day Moving Average.
Highlights of AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Earnings:
- Record full-year adjusted headline earnings of $1.3 Billion, $3.36 per share
- Record annual operating cash flow of $2.66 Billion
- Net Debt more than halved in 2011 to $610 Million
- Dividend of 200 SA cents per share for Q4; full-year dividend 380 SA cents
- Strong growth in reserves and resources; reserves now 75.6Moz, resources 230.9Moz
Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: ABX)
ABX closing price for Wednesday, February 15, 2012 was $47.43, down -4.20% since January 27th. ABX 52-week high is $55.95 and 52-week low is $42.50. ABX is trading -1.05% below its 50-day Moving Average and -3.12% below its 200-day Moving Average.
ABX declared a quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share payable on March 15, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 29, 2012.
Goldcorp, Inc. (NYSE: GG)
GG closing price for Wednesday, February 15, 2012 was $45.27, down -8.06% since January 27th. GG 52-week high is $56.31 and 52-week low is $41.91. GG is trading -1.55% below its 50-day Moving Average and -6.69% below its 200-day Moving Average.
Highlights of Goldcorp Earnings:
- Revenues increased to $1.5 billion, on gold sales of 685,000 ounces.
- Record operating cash flows before working capital changes totaled $831 million or $1.03 per share.
- Adjusted net earnings totaled $531 million, or $0.66 per share.
- Total cash costs were $261 per ounce on a by-product basis. Co-product cash costs totaled $529 per ounce.
- Dividends paid amounted to $91 million. Dividend increased 32% to $0.54 per share.
- Certificate of Authorization was issued for the Éléonore project in Quebec allowing full construction to commence immediately.
- Received approval of amended Environmental Impact Assessment at the Cerro Negro project in Argentina.
- Entered into a $2 billion senior revolving credit facility, replacing the existing $1.5 billion facility.
Kinross Gold Corporation (NYSE: KGC)
KGC closing price for Wednesday, February 15, 2012 was $10.31, down -11.58% since January 27th. KGC 52-week high is $18.25 and 52-week low is $9.96. KGC is trading -9.10% below its 50-day Moving Average and -26.19% below its 200-day Moving Average.
Kinross Gold Corporation declared a dividend of $0.08 per common share, a 33% increase from the previous dividend of $0.06 per common share paid on September 30, 2011. The dividend is payable on March 31, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 23, 2012.
Yamana Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUY)
AUY closing price for Wednesday, February 15, 2012 was $16.21, down -6.46% since January 27th. AUY 52-week high is $17.97 and 52-week low is $11.10. AUY is trading 1.33% above its 50-day Moving Average and 5.23% above its 200-day Moving Average.Share