AES, GDP and SAVE: 3 good stocks to buy now under $20, February 29, 2012, all upgraded or initiated coverage to a “buy” rating or better recently from Wall Street analysts and all considered good stocks to buy under $20:
The Aes Corporation (NYSE: AES)
AES, a global power company with generation and distribution businesses that provides affordable and sustainable energy in 27 countries through the company’s diverse portfolio of thermal and renewable fuel sources, closed yesterday at $13.44, down -0.26 (-1.90%) on volume of 4,808,138.
AES is currently trading at:
- 2.59% above its 50-Day Moving Average of 13.10
- 16.04% above its 200-Day Moving Average of 11.58
- near the top end of its 52-Week range of 9.00 – 14.01
- with a Short Ratio of 1.40
AES was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet to a “buy” rating.
Goodrich Petroleum Co. (NYSE: GDP)
GDP, an independent exploration and production company that drills for, acquires, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil primarily in the Haynesville Shale and Cotton Valley Trend in East Texas and North Louisiana, and the Eagle Ford Shale oil window of South Texas, closed yesterday at $16.50, up +0.55 (+3.45%) on volume of 2,251,132.
GDP is currently trading at:
- -1.92% below its 50-Day Moving Average of 16.82
- 8.99% above its 200-Day Moving Average of 15.14
- near the middle of its 52-Week range of 9.91 – 23.80
- with a Short Ratio of 6.00
GDP was upgraded by analysts at Global Hunter Securities from an “accumulate” rating to a “buy” rating. Global Hunter Securities now have a $26.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $25.00.
Spirit Airlines Incorporated (NASDAQ: SAVE)
SAVE, an innovator in the airline industry empowers customers to save money on air travel by offering ultra-low base fares with a range of optional services for a fee, allowing customers the freedom to choose only the extras they value, closed yesterday at $19.22, up +0.36 (+1.91%) on volume of 371,933.
SAVE is currently trading at:
- 10.49% above its 50-Day Moving Average of 17.40
- 27.97% above its 200-Day Moving Average of 15.02
- about to set a new high to its 52-Week range of 10.18 – 19.96
- with a Short Ratio of 1.00
SAVE is now covered by analysts at Sidoti who set a “buy” rating on the stock.
Subscribe to get stock our next alert on upgraded or newly covered stocks to buy FREEShare