Ever since Liquidmetal Technologies Inc. (OTC: LQMT) signed that $20 million agreement with Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), shareholders have been cursed. LQMT stock price gained one cent on Monday to close at $0.29 on volume of just a tad over a million shares. Then the dream warriors arose after the company filed an 8-K at 4:10pm stating that Apple has extended their previous agreement with Liquidmetal until February 5, 2014. Even worse is that it states: The foregoing does not purport to be a complete description of Master Transaction Agreement and is qualified by reference to the full text of such agreement, which will be filed with the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q.
Looking for Hot Penny Stocks? Click here and get Alerts on the Best Penny Stocks FREE.
LQMT Stock Chart Since August 5, 2010
As you can see from the chart above, LQMT stock price spiked from the exact same price it closed at Monday, 0.29, to 1.76 3 days after the original $20 million agreement was announced. 37 million shares traded on August 12, 2010 and LQMT stock price has done two consistent things since: drop and dilute. Yes, there have been a few rallies in the penny shares, but overall, LQMT has been a money pit for long investors.
The Newest 8-K compared to the Original
It seems reasonable, since AAPL requested the extension of a FULLY paid up agreement, that they will be paying some consideration for the ammended agreement. However, LQMT notes on their Q3, 2010 10-Q that the company used the $20 million to pay off noteholders and other indebtedness and to fund operations. Liquidmetal’s CEO Tom Steipp has been bashed for “giving away the farm” on the original agreement, (i.e. no future royalties) even though Larry Buffington was the President and CEO at the time of the original agreement.
Bottom Line: Grand Slams are hit every year in Baseball, sometimes even by a pitcher. However, one of Al Pacino’s line from Devil’s Advocate was “you’re diluting yourself!” LQMT is one of those penny stocks that could go one way or the other based on this news but one thing holds certain: LQMT may have the technology to make an ultra-lite, ultra-strong metal, but gravity has a stronger force with this penny stock.
Here is your opportunity to subscribe to the Most Exclusive Penny Stock newsletter.
Sign up with your email address now & get ready to make BIG PROFITS on Good Penny Stocks
(We are 100% Anti-Spam and will never rent or sell your information)
And Remember to Always:
- Do Your Own Research.
- Trade Responsibly.
- Verify Everything.
- Move Fast or Get Left Behind.
- Do not Use Market Orders to Enter a Position, Use Limit Orders.
- Have a System That fits You.
- If a Stock Gaps Open, Look for Pullbacks to Enter.
- Plan a Trade and Trade a Plan.
- Always Use Stop Loss Orders to Protect Yourself.
- Positive Attitude / Positive Self- Belief.
- Keep Penny Stock Trading as Part of a Balanced life.
- If a Stock Breaks Below Our Alert Price GET OUT. Do not wait.
- View Trading as a Score in Points and Not In Money:
- Always Take Your Profits Whenever You Can. Do Not Be Greedy.
- Work Hard at Learning How to Trade Properly and Keep Working.
- Do Something to make Someone Else’s Life Better Today.