The war is on for the top marijuana focused stock and Thursday’s NBC News connection was enough to throw Cannabis Science (CBIS) back into the ring. Claiming that cannabidiol, has the ability to “turn off” a gene that causes breast and other types of cancers to metastasize, CBIS stock got rolled up for a smokin’ hot trading session landing the penny stock 7th on the most traded list. With the amount of love they had in the beginning of the year off of our January alert, could this be another run to a quarter?
Our New Alert Is Set For September 25th! Click HERE To Make Sure You Don’t Miss It!
CBIS Stock Chart
Market Cap: 35.97M
Close: 0.052, up 0.0143 (37.93%)
Dollar Volume: $783,182
Average Trade Size: 24,968
Issued and Outstanding: 691,770,573
Looking for Hot Penny Stocks?
Click here and get Alerts on the Best Penny Stocks FREE
Anyone who has been following Robert J. Melamede PhD, CEO of CBIS, knows that he has been taking his fight for advocacy on how cannabinoids can benefit both HIV/AIDS and cancer patients to the highest levels of U.S. politics for months now. The NBC News report states:
“The drug “has been shown to reduce pain and nausea” in cancer patients. AIDS patients also use cannabis to eat, sleep and otherwise be more functional. Turns out that cannabidiol has none of the psychotropic effects of marijuana as a whole. The researchers hope to move to clinical trials on humans soon to test the cannabidiol inhibition of metastasis”, reported in the San Francisco Chronicle.
“What they found is that the cannabinoid turns off the overexpression of ID-1, which makes the cells lose their ability to travel to distant tissues. In other words, it keeps the cells more local and blocks their ability to metastasize. (spread to a new location) The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they’ve found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”
Click here to view an indepth interview with Cannabis Science’s CEO.
About CBIS Stock
Cannabis Science, Inc. is at the forefront of medical marijuana research and development. The Company works with world authorities on phytocannabinoid science targeting critical illnesses, and adheres to scientific methodologies to develop, produce, and commercialize phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products. In sum, we are dedicated to the creation of cannabis-based medicines, both with and without psychoactive properties, to treat disease and the symptoms of disease, as well as for general health maintenance.
• On April 24, 2012, the Company issued 192,499,999 common shares, with a fair market value of $5,674,650, pursuant Management Consulting and Bonus Agreements with executives, a managing partner, and a consultant.
• On April 24, 2012, the Company issued 25,000,000 common shares, with a fair market value of $935,000, to acquire GGECO University, Inc.
• On May 25, 2012, the Company issued 1,000,000 common shares, with a fair market value of $147,000, to acquire Cannabis Consulting, Inc.
• On May 29, 2012, the Company issued 37,200,000 common shares for settlement of $37,200 of stockholder debt, for a loss on settlement of $2,827,200, assigned from the stockholder notes payable originating on July 9, 2010, July 30, 2010, August 5, 2010, June 30, 2011, July 31, 2011, August 4, 2011 and August 31, 2011.
• On June 26, 2012, the Company issued 3,250,000 common shares, with a fair market value of $448,500, pursuant Management Consulting Agreements with consultants.
• On June 26, 2012, the Company issued 5,000,000 common shares, with a fair market value of $307,500, to acquire Goldsmith Health Care, Ltd.
Bottom Line: We love penny stocks and CBIS is one of our favorites having brought as much as 1,100% gains at the start of the year off our trigger alert. Keep CBIS stock on your radar and look forward to seeing it on the top 10 penny stocks traded lists much more often now with this recent elbow rub with NBC news.
Here is your opportunity to subscribe to the Most Read Penny Stock Newsletter
If You Can’t Make Money With Us, You Shouldn’t Be Trading Penny Stocks
(We are 100% Anti-Spam and will never rent or sell your information)Share